This clinical course focuses on the application and integration of healthcare and nursing concepts, assessment skills and interventions necessary to provide basic, safe and effective holistic nursing care to adult clients from diverse backgrounds with acute and chronic conditions. Competence Statement: Knows foundational concepts, theories, skills and the nursing process well enough to provide basic holistic nursing care to the adult client.
- Adhere to the standards of professional nursing practice.
- Demonstrate therapeutic communication skills with clients in an acute care setting.
- Discuss ethical issues related to the care of clients with acute or chronic illness.
- Apply clinical judgement thinking and decision-making skills in the care of clients with acute and complex health needs.
- Utilize information technologies to provide quality client care.
- Perform health assessments and nursing interventions safely and accurately with clients.
- Implement Modeling and Role-Modeling concepts in the provision of holistic nursing care.
- Collaborate with members of the interprofessional team.