This clinical course focuses on holistic nursing care of diverse communities and populations. Student clinical experiences occur in community-based settings and include the application of public health evidence-based practice. Competence Statement: Knows the concepts of public health nursing well enough to develop and implement a holistic plan to affect change and improve health of communities and populations.
2 Graduate credits
Effective May 9, 2020 to present
Meets graduation requirements for
- Adhere to the standards of professional nursing practice.
- Utilize Modeling/Role Modeling concepts with communities, families, or individuals experiencing health needs.
- Use effective collaboration and communication strategies with community stakeholders.
- Design, implement and evaluate holistic, data-informed clinical prevention and health promotion strategies for individuals, families, communities and aggregate populations.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a plan to affect change at the systems level.