This independent study examines community adaptation and behavioral, sociological and biological factors affecting adults and elderly individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Assess the interests and training needs of adults with developmental disabilities for a smooth transition into community activities.
- Know how to apply knowledge to help people with a developmental disability understand the options that are available.
- Learn how to develop options in programming for people with a developmental disability.
- Understand the issues related to assessment, planning and programming for people with a developmental disability.
- Understand the similarities and differences of the aging process between people with developmental disabilities and those who are not.
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.