This independent study covers current trends and practices used in vocational rehabilitation of persons with physical and/or mental disability. Students review various physical and mental disabilities, implications for treatment and rehabilitation, and the services and organizations serving persons with disabilities.
- Application of material to real world situations that benefit the vocational training of individuals with disabilities will be the primary focus of the course.
- Applications of models of treatments will be required.
- Historical and current trends in vocational training of individuals with disabilities will be studied.
- Student learn the scientific approach to working to improve the environment to better support individuals with disabilities.
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.