Social Work Capstone Seminar
Corequisite: SOWK 591 Social Work Senior Practicum AND SOWK 592 Multicultural Child Welfare Senior Practicum. Note: Should be taken along with SOWK 552 Community Research and Advocacy.
Students examine the field practicum experience in a mainstream agency, applying theories they have acquired throughout the program. Students write a major integrating paper on generalist multicultural social work practice. Note: Should be taken along with SOWK 552 Community Research and Advocacy.
- Use peer and instructor feedback to develop their practice evaluation skills.
- Apply comparative racial/ethnic analysis skills to the situations presented in the host agency.
- Apply the problem-solving process, including assessment, contracting, planning, intervention, termination and evaluation for individuals, families, groups, communities and organizations.
- Articulate a clear understanding of their generalist social work identity with attention to ethics and values.
- Critically apply generalist social work frameworks to a mainstream agency with special emphasis on assessing the adequacy of service to people of color and other populations-at-risk.
- Identify critical organizational, community and generalist practice issues facing the host agency.