This course sequence builds and develops the communication skills, grammar and cultural knowledge needed to read, speak and understand Spanish at a beginning level.
- Learn fundamentals of the Spanish language.
- Describe and analyze political, economic, and cultural elements which influence relations of states and societies in their historical and contemporary dimensions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cultural, social, religious and linguistic differences.
- Analyze specific international problems, illustrating the cultural, economic, and political differences that affect their solution.
- Understand the role of a world citizen and the responsibility world citizens share for their common global future.