This course is designed for theater majors exploring and preparing for their post-graduation careers. It will examine specific work environments; the value of attending graduate school or conservatory programs; and the role that internships, undergraduate research, and networking play in career development. In addition, this course will assess how to organize and manage an internship and job search, as well as how to construct strong resumes, cover letters, audition materials, and professional portfolios.
- Demonstrate the requisite skills to engage in graduate-level study, pursue careers as theater artists, or pursue professions in arts-related fields
- Explore resources available to aid with self promotion, locating auditions, and acquiring an agent or manager
- Prepare at least two prepared audition pieces (monologues)
- Create a professional resume, headshot, artistic statement, and portfolio
- Demonstrate professional competence in auditioning, interview technique, and portfolio/résumé preparation and presentation