Metropolitan State University's Center for Faculty Development (CFD) compensates Community Faculty (CF) approximately $200 (0.14 credits of summer workload) for participating in a minimum of six (6) hours of qualifying CFD activities and writing a brief reflection report.
This payment will be made in the summer—late May/early June. This is so it will not influence Metro State’s fall/spring teaching limit of 12 credits for CF.
Our objectives are to improve teaching, build community, compensate CF for time spent in developmental activities, and recognize the important contribution CF make to the university.
- Engage in at least six (6) hours of CFD faculty development activities offered during the academic year. Any submission not included in the list of eligible opportunities will be disqualified for contribution to the total 6-hour requirement.
- Submit a completion report by May 3, 2022
- Lists the eligible faculty development activities and hours per activity in which you participated in Fall 2021 and Spring 2022.
- Describe the insights by participating and how you will/can apply those insights.
- Submit your report here.
Spring 2022 Qualifying Opportunities
- Weekly Writing Group (1 hour): Beginning Jan. 18, (Tuesdays) 9 a.m., Join (ID: 920 8002 8212 and Passcode: 979119)
- Faculty Conference (4 hours): April 9, 9 a.m.–1 p.m., Register
- CF Collab Session (1 hour): April 28, noon, Register
- PACE Ally Training
- Anti-Racism Inside and Outside of the Classroom: Removing Barriers to Social Justice Learning (4 hours). Choose any session and log in via Zoom (ID 980 8330 6720 and Passcode: 001987)
- March 24, 7 – 8 p.m. We are the champions? Performing whiteness in Ascension: Dawn of Champions.
- April 21, 7 – 8p.m. Curricular efforts in technical communication after the social justice turn.
- Participation in Educator Learning Communities (4 – 6 hours): Apply to join here
Video Archives (watching these counts towards your compensation hours!)
- CF Collaboration: Online Teaching Tips (20 min): Watch Here
Questions can be sent to email@example.com