The Center for Faculty Development (CFD) supports community and resident faculty in innovative teaching, scholarship, and service to promote transformational student learning in a diverse, antiracist, urban learning community.
News and Events
- CFD Workshop 1: Mental health awareness
- Wednesday, September 28, 4–5:30 p.m. via Zoom. Registration requested.
- Zoom link: https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/95556301820, Meeting ID: 955 5630 1820, Passcode: CFD
Faculty are often first responder to students’ mental health issues. Students have many factors that impact their mental well-being, including: financial stressors, family obligations, academic uncertainty, and/or stigma around seeking help. Metro State data from the National College Health Assessment as well as internal surveys show increasing mental health needs. Public health concerns and social injustices in our community have only exacerbated the trauma our students have experienced. CFD’s Mental Health Awareness Workshop prepares faculty to support Metro State students. Associate Provost Bobbie Anderson will provide an overview of the Counseling Center and campus resources available.
- Innocent Classroom movement: Zoom meetings—Fridays October 14, November 4, January 13, February 10, and March 17 from 10 a.m.–noon; sign up before September 30!
- CFD Workshop 2: Building career readiness into your classes
- Thursday, October 20, 4–5:30 p.m. via Zoom. Registration requested.
- Zoom Link: https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/95556301820, Meeting ID: 955 5630 1820, Passcode: CFD
You’ve heard about Metro State’s Career Readiness Project and now you are ready to take the next step. But how do you do it? Where to start? What does it look like and just what are you asking us to do?!
Our goal is to make sure that implementing Career Readiness is not a heavy lift for anyone. In fact, you might be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is! Please join Bill Baldus, Career Center director, and faculty members Susan Hilal and Miriam Nkemnji-Enohnyaket, to learn more about the project in this hands-on training session. We will build capacity by reflecting on the Career Competencies, brainstorming ideas, and taking concrete steps together to integrate career readiness into your class.
- CFD Workshop 3: Equity and inclusion
- Wednesday, November 9, 4–5:30 p.m., via Zoom. Details to be announced
- Fall Weekly Writing group on Tuesdays from 10–11 a.m.: Join (Passcode: 314665)
- Spring Faculty Conference