Skip to main content
Low-cost public transportation options
- The TAP Program: Ride for $1 with the transportation assistance program (TAP). The TAP program is designed to make public transportation more affordable for lower income residents. This program provided a reduced fare on a Go-To card and allows customers to use a bus or train for just $1.
- College Go-To Bus Pass: unlimited rides for one low price. College students can purchase an unlimited Metro Transit bus card each semester. To learn more about the college go-to bus pass contact Gateway services here.
- Transit Link is shared-ride public transportation for the Twin Cities metro area where regular route transit service is infrequent or unavailable. It's for trips that can’t be accomplished on regular transit routes alone. Call 651-602-LINK (5465) to make Transit Link reservations in advance or schedule a pick-up here.
Low-cost car repair programs and grants
- The Lift Garage: located in Minneapolis, the Lift Garage is a 501c3 nonprofit aimed to move people out of poverty and homelessness by providing low-cost car repair, free pre-purchase car inspections, and honest advice that supports our community on the road to more secure lives.
- Community Action Partnership Car Repair Programs: The Car Repair Grant offers help to households who have been financially impacted by COVID-19 and need car repairs or maintenance. We provide one-time grants to households who rely on their car to continue working or to get back into the workforce.
- Other: Students who have a one-time emergency need related to transportation can connect with the resource center to find additional options for support.