Advanced course in forest ecology with applications to the classification, assessment, maintenance and certification of forest health, and a focus on sustainable and responsible forest management. Students learn and apply techniques in forest monitoring and taxonomic methods used in dendrology.
- Understand and apply core theories and current research in forest ecology
- Understand and apply methods of forest assessment, monitoring and certification that are used by local, regional and state agencies
- Conduct botanical assessment of forests using methods of dendrology and forest mensuration
- Analyze and evaluate forest botanical communities using methods of biological assessment
- Understand government structures and legislation with roles in forest management and certification
- Effectively communicate technical information between and among experts and public