This course will provide criminal justice practitioners with the tools to be critical consumer of research. Students will learn methods of research and how to critically analyze studies and reports. Grant writing will also be discussed in this class.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic research and statistical concepts and operations in criminal justice research.
- Demonstrate understanding of the grant writing process.
- Explain different methods of qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Articulate what it means to be a critical consumer of research; Assess, interpret, and critique existing research within the field of criminal justice.
- Demonstrate strong academic writing and analytical skills.