This course focuses on the problems criminal justice professionals encounter in their duties as managers/supervisors regarding managing of human resources with a focus on: policy development; labor/management issues; labor laws; budgeting issues and concerns; supervising the difficult employee; internal discipline, recruitment, training, and retention issues; and working with minority issues and cultural differences.
- Apply the critical steps in managing change and stress in a changing workplace.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of coaching, counseling, and mentoring.
- Evacuate the difficulties of supervising the difficult employee.
- Explain and demonstrate an understanding of the ethical and managerial issues associated with diversity and supervising minorities.
- Identify the issues and strategies of discipline.