This course covers cryptography from both theoretical and practical perspective. The course provides details about advanced cryptography and its applications in the cybersecurity world. Students will learn various cryptographic algorithms and protocols and their relationships from both attack and defense perspectives. Various cryptographic tools to secure contemporary networks will be discussed as well. Students should be able to use advanced cryptographic algorithms based on elliptic curve cryptography.
- Utilize advanced cryptography techniques to solve new security/privacy problems to address the research streams in the security/privacy of the emerging wireless networks¿ applications.
- Analyze applied cryptography in modern networks and military applications such as SSL/TLS, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), cryptanalysis, and cryptographic backdoors.
- Explain the emerging applications of cryptography in wireless networks such as vehicular ad hoc networks, smart grid, e-health, mobile social networks and cloud computing.
- Examine, compare, and architect defense strategies using encryption and cryptography principles.
- Illustrate the most likely future of cryptography in the quantum computing era.