This course offers an in-depth understanding of the values, roles, and alignment of information technology in support of the mission of business organizations, with attention given to the relationship between strategic technology management and managerial decision making at senior levels.
- Analyze the place of information systems and technologies in todays businesses and organizations.
- Determine the significance and impact of emerging computing and information technologies including Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data Applications, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data-informed Business Management and Strategy, Blockchain algorithms, Data Ethics, Cloud and high-performance computing, Information Assurance, and Cybersecurity.
- Analyze the domains and direction of MIS research through a guided and curated review of literature and create a report synthesizing the findings and formulating a theoretical perspective, framework or model suitable for designing and conducting a study in any targeted area.
- Analyze issues related to information security, privacy, and ethics from various perspectives.
- Apply a managerial and governance perspective to uncover and evaluate the most salient challenges and issues faced by the IS/IT practice within private and public sector organizations.
- Understand the various strategy-making approaches in management and leadership, and undertake an applied project to develop a complete strategy to address a business problem related to use and application of IS/IT.