This course focuses on new product/service development from an entrepreneurial perspective. Through case studies, interactive exercises, team and individual projects, students will learn and apply ideation and harvesting concepts, gating methodologies, opportunity analysis, pro forma and forecasting. Students will enhance their research skills and critical thinking through evaluation of new product or service ideas.
- Apply ideation and harvesting methodologies while writing a Concept Statement.
- Adapt the Stage Gate vetting methodology to an early stage venture
- Demonstrate using primary and secondary market research for new concept exploration
- Apply forecasting basics and funding mechanisms to create a pro forma for a new opportunity
- Integrate the Concept Statement, market research, and forecasting results into a venture pitch.