This course is an in-depth study of some aspect of computer science that is not part of a regular course. Special topics courses of current interest will be offered on an occasional basis. Students may repeat ICS 690 for additional credit with advisor approval. Some topics may have prerequisites.
- Gets deeper knowledge of a subset of topics in the field.
- Apply major concepts in the topic to solve appropriate problems.
- Know recent developments in the field.
- Familiar with any associated software products and theoretical principles.
- Familiar with the most relevant peripheral topics.
- Know some of the major research problems in the field.
- Demonstrate expertise in reading peer-reviewed papers in the topic and explain them in writing.
- Familiar with some of the recent research results in the field.
- Gain a good perspective of the field.