This course acquaints students with the American business system. Students learn about the environment of business including the economic, political/legal, socio/demographic, global, technological, and competitive aspects and how they impact organizations. In addition, the various functional areas of business are examined (marketing, management and finance). Students also consider the critical issues that face most contemporary business organizations (ethical/social issues, cultural diversity and global considerations).
- Current challenges in managing human and financial resources.
- Dynamics of competing within domestic and global markets.
- Structures and opportunities of business ownership.
- Components of and relationships between the major economic elements of the business environment.
- Design and use of effective marketing strategies.
- Securities market and its role in corporate and personal finance.
- Use of financial information and accounting in business decision making.
- Use of technology in business operations and information management.