Management of advertising programs requires strategic planning for both digital and traditional media to achieve organizational goals. Topics include positioning, audience analysis, product and market research, creative strategies, copywriting, content strategy/development, design and production. Focused primary and secondary research is added to collect and analyze data on particular marketing challenges in today¿s marketplace such as ethics, rhetorical theory, and multigenerational, monocultural or multicultural audiences.
4 Graduate credits
Effective August 1, 1998 to present
- Understand the principles behind positioning, results-oriented copywriting, and effective design.
- Apply copywriting and design best practices to content strategy for digital and traditional media.
- Analyze how working relationships between agency peers, internal and external clients and outside resources facilitate successful copywriting, design and production.
- Evaluate audiences and product/service research and identify communication objectives.
- Create compelling copy and design that fulfill communication objectives.
- Apply primary and secondary research to collect and analyze data on a particular marketing challenge existing in today¿s marketplace.