This course focuses on the integration of clinical reasoning and decision making in skill and role development. Physical, emotional, cognitive, social/relational, and spiritual factors affecting health are examined within a holistic model of care. A clinical decision-making framework is used to prepare students to provide individualized care for patients with diverse cultural backgrounds and health care needs.Note: Course is reserved for students in the LPN/BSN program.
2 Undergraduate credits
Effective May 10, 2010 to present
- Adhere to the standards of professional nursing practice in the classroom and laboratory settings.
- Apply Modeling & Role Modeling theory to clinical decision making.
- Demonstrate professional communication with student peers, faculty and members of the health care team.
- Integrate evidence based clinical decision making while providing safe, holistic client care in a simulated setting.
- Utilize the Nursing Process and clinical reasoning while performing selected nursing skills at the professional level.