This clinical course focuses on the integration and application of nursing concepts, assessment skills, clinical decision making and interventions as they relate to the care of adult clients. Emphasis is placed on the examination of the dynamic interrelationship between holistic nursing care and the health and wellbeing of diverse persons. Clinical experiences will occur in a variety of care settings.
- Apply clinical reasoning and decision-making skills in the care of adult clients with complex health needs.
- Apply professional standards and evidence based principles in holistic nursing care.
- Demonstrate therapeutic communication skills with adult clients in a variety of care settings.
- Discuss ethical issues related to the care of acute and chronically ill adult clients.
- Examine global, cultural and socioeconomic factors that impact clients and families in a variety of care settings.
- Implement modeling and role-modeling concepts in the provision of care.
- Perform accurate health assessments on adult clients.
- Perform nursing interventions safely and accurately with adult clients.