NURS 495 Nursing Capstone Seminar
This capstone seminar focuses on synthesizing theories, principles, models, and skills from nursing, other disciplines, and the arts and sciences. Emphasis is placed on Modeling and Role-Modeling theory as a basis for implementing holistic nursing care directed toward healing in the human health experience. Students demonstrate integration of theory through student-led seminars and the completion of a capstone project.
2 Undergraduate credits
Effective January 10, 2010 to present
- Appraise current evidence to support decision making and needed change in nursing practice.
- Design a capstone project that implements Modeling and Role-Modeling concepts as a basis for healing in the human health experience.
- Reflect on the value of holistic self-care for one's own nursing practice.
- Utilize critical reasoning in health care decision making with families, populations, and systems.
- Utilize theories from the arts and sciences and nursing as a basis for professional nursing.