This capstone seminar focuses on synthesizing theories, principles, models, and skills from nursing, other disciplines, and the arts and sciences. Emphasis is placed on Modeling and Role-Modeling theory as a basis for implementing holistic nursing care directed toward healing in the human health experience. Students demonstrate integration of theory through student-led seminars and the completion of a capstone project.
2 Undergraduate credits
Effective January 10, 2010 to present
- Appraise current evidence to support decision making and needed change in nursing practice.
- Design a capstone project that implements Modeling and Role-Modeling concepts as a basis for healing in the human health experience.
- Reflect on the value of holistic self-care for one's own nursing practice.
- Utilize critical reasoning in health care decision making with families, populations, and systems.
- Utilize theories from the arts and sciences and nursing as a basis for professional nursing.