This course focuses on the primary care of adults and elderly clients experiencing developmental, acute and chronic health concerns. Students will gain knowledge of the etiology, differential diagnoses, clinical findings, and management of common conditions affecting these age groups. Content includes age-appropriate health promotion activities.
- Analyze needs related to health promotion and disease prevention for adult and older adult clients.
- Develop an appropriate plan of care for both common and complex health problems of adults and older adults.
- Evaluate laboratory and diagnostic studies related to both common and complex health problems of adults and older adults.
- Provide holistic primary care for adults and older adults based on knowledge of etiology, clinical findings, differential diagnosis, and nursing theory.
- Utilize evidenced based principles in the management of both common and complex health problems in adults and older adults.