This course focuses on the development and use of informatics for nursing practice and administration. Discussions will explore the use of patient information systems in the management of nursing and health care services, challenges and opportunities related to nursing informatics, strategies for facilitating effective and appropriate application of information and computer science in nursing.
- Apply nursing language and minimum data sets to the development, implementation, and evaluation of nursing informatics systems.
- Apply theories related to nursing informatics to the development, implementation, and evaluation of nursing informatics systems.
- Articulate how health informatics will change and influence future nursing informatics, nursing practice and nursing administration.
- Demonstrate the use of components of the system development life cycle to the development, implementation, or evaluation of a nursing informatics system.
- Describe the development and scope of nursing informatics roles, skills, and competencies.