This course focuses on the administration of general anesthesia with emphasis on gas machines, vaporizers, monitoring devices, anesthesia delivery systems, and basic and advanced airway management utilized by nurse anesthesia providers. Competence Statement: Knows the proper assembly, function, and troubleshooting techniques of the anesthesia delivery device. Knows the materials, skills, and attributes of basic and advanced airway anatomy and techniques.Restrictions: Admission into the Minneapolis School of Anesthesia program.
2 Graduate credits
Effective January 14, 2019 to present
- State the regulatory agencies and their roles in anesthesia delivery systems.
- Identify the basic components and operation of gas delivery systems and the anesthesia delivery system.
- Describe airway anatomy and basic and advanced airway management
- Demonstrate anesthesia machine function use
- Demonstrate basic and advanced airway management skills