This course presents a continuation of topics directly related to the discipline of nurse anesthesia. Competence Statement: Knows the importance of wellness to healthcare workers. Knows the risk factors, pathophysiology and signs and symptoms of substance use disorder. Knows the appropriate strategies for successful intervention, treatment and recovery/aftercare.
- Discuss the importance of wellness to healthcare professionals.
- Discuss attitudes, behaviors, and strategies that create a positive balance between ones personal and professional life for personal wellness.
- Evaluate personal wellness and prepare a portfolio applying the principles of wellness to ones personal life, integrating healthy lifestyles and adaptive coping mechanisms for career stressors.
- Discuss substance use disorder risk factors and pathophysiology.
- Outline the signs and symptoms of substance use disorder, appropriate strategies for successful intervention, treatment and aftercare.
- Participate in a group presentation on various topics related to substance use disorder/peer assistance/wellness.