This course presents a continuation of topics directly related to the professional discipline of nurse anesthesia Competence Statement: Knows the various ethical theories and their relation to healthcare, medical research, and nurse anesthesia practice in a variety of practice settings. Knows the quality of care provided by CRNAs as shown through research.Restrictions: Admission into the Minneapolis School of Anesthesia program.
1 Graduate credit
Effective January 14, 2019 to present
- Discuss ethical theories and their relation to healthcare.
- Objectively evaluate an ethical scenario in a class presentation.
- Discuss the ethics governing medical research.
- Describe the steps required to perform research from surveys to actual clinical trials.
- Discuss the responsibility of CRNAs to develop and implement ethical practice in large and small facilities.
- Discuss the quality of care provided by CRNAs as shown through research.