This course examines the learning process and how it influences instructional design. Topics include current trends in instruction and evaluation; and planning for the teaching and learning process. Competence Statement: Knows the basic elements of the learning/education process, including learning styles/models/theories and taxonomies. Knows the basic elements of a teaching/learning project.
- List the basic elements of the learning/education process.
- Identify personal learning style(s) and how they affect the learning process.
- Describe various adult learning models/theories/taxonomies and how they apply to nurse anesthesia education.
- Create learning outcomes/objectives for a teaching project related to nurse anesthesia.
- Identify effective teaching strategies for various learning settings in nurse anesthesia.
- Design a unit of instruction to address the learning outcomes created for SLO-4 and utilizing various teaching strategies discussed in SLO-5.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning for the unit of instruction designed in SLO-6.