This course focuses on the philosophy of science in nursing and its application to practice inquiry and practice knowledge development. Theories, models, and concepts that inform advanced nursing practice are systematically examined and evaluated. Students analyze the foundations of middle-range theories and explore application of theory to doctoral advanced nursing practice.
- Analyze selected theories and conceptual models.
- Critique research methodology used in evidence.
- Evaluate analytical methods used in evidence.
- Apply methods for conducting critical, systematic reviews of a specific health-related topic.
- Apply research appraisal tools to evaluate the quality of evidence.
- Synthesize evidence from multiple sources to translate into advanced practice nursing.