This course focuses on the philosophy of science in nursing and its application to practice inquiry and practice knowledge development. Theories, models, and concepts that inform advanced nursing practice are systematically examined and evaluated. Students analyze the foundations of middle-range theories and explore application of theory to doctoral advanced nursing practice.
- Analyze selected theories and conceptual models.
- Demonstrates methods of practice inquiry and knowledge development in advanced nursing practice.
- Apply theory to practice.
- Define a personal theoretical nursing framework.
- Evaluate a specific middle-range theory and apply it to simulated practice setting.