Organizational and systems leadership skills critical for culturally sensitive nursing practice to improve healthcare and outcomes are enhanced. Focus is on transformational leadership, measurement of outcomes, data driven decision-making, and the business realities of leading within healthcare.
- Analyze emerging clinical patterns within a practice setting, health care organization, or community.
- Demonstrate leadership in organizational policy analysis and development that incorporates clinical improvement models and change theory.
- Develop effective strategies for managing health care delivery and organizational/systems research.
- Evaluate principles of health care finance and cost-effectiveness as they relate to quality improvement and evidence-based practice.
- Integrate consultative and leadership skills with intra-professional and inter-professional teams to create change in health care and complex health care delivery systems for the delivery of quality health care and to ensure patient safety.
- Integrate transformational leadership theory and culturally sensitive approaches to lead a diverse workforce in the 21st Century.
- Utilize comparative data, benchmarks, best practices, and continuing improvement methods to measure variations in practice quality and to improve healthcare.