The course focuses on the study of safe, evidence-based nurse anesthesia care management in acute and chronic pain, radiological principles, and safe practices in non-operating room anesthesia experiences. Competence Statement: Knows safe, evidence-based nurse anesthesia care management well enough to apply to nurse anesthesia practice for patients with various pathophysiologic disease states and pain clinic management.
- Analyze biomedical equipment and supplies that are pertinent for patient and procedure, accuracy and safety for quality patient care in acute and chronic pain management;
- Propose ethical individualized acute and chronic pain management and monitoring strategies for patients across the lifespan;
- Predict and manage conceivable outcomes in acute and chronic anesthesia pain management;
- Critique management strategies of possible physiologic changes associated with acute and chronic pain management; and
- Evaluate radiation safety, professional team and leadership behavior strategies that promote quality patient outcomes and cultural competence in acute and chronic anesthesia management.