This course takes advantage of scientific presentations offered in the Twin Cities area by educational institutions such as Metropolitan State University and the University of Minnesota. This course can, with instructor permission, be taken more than once for credit. Intended for students minoring in physics.
- Understand the form of advanced university-level scientific research presentations.
- Understand how to learn from scientific research seminar presentations.
- Learn methods, theories, and results from current research in an area of student interest.
- Be able to take notes and summarize the content of a scientific research seminar presentation.
- Be able to use library research and writing skills to develop and express understanding of current research in an area of student interest.