This course looks at the array of theories in the humanistic tradition and the historical and philosophical background of this tradition. Humanistic psychology is compared to the other major schools of therapeutic psychology in the United States.
- Comparisons between the humanistic theory and other majors schools of thought within psychology will be required.
- Student will evaluate the theory and applications of humanistic psychology.
- Student will learn principles of the Humanistic theory.
- Student will learn the historical and philosophical background of the humanistic theory.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.