Program eligibility requirements
Students who meet the following admission criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Earned a Master’s degree from a fully accredited institution in one of the following areas: nurse practitioner, clinical nurse specialist, nurse midwife, nurse anesthetist, nursing informatics, nursing leadership, or public health nursing
- Evidence of current unencumbered RN licensure in one state with eligibility for licensure in Minnesota
- Evidence of advanced practice licensure if applicable
- Submitted clinical hours validation form
- 3.0 cumulative GPA across all previous post-secondary and degrees, including any courses completed that did not lead directly to a completed degree
An approved graduate level statistics course with a grade of B or better is required. For more information about statistics, contact Nina Exley at email@example.com.
The Post-Master’s DNP is using NursingCAS for processing applications. To begin the application process go to https://nursingcas.liaisoncas.org/apply/. Select the term you are seeking admission for and click apply. Create or log into your account, then select the Metropolitan State University DNP-Post Master’s. Carefully review all instructions and complete the four sections of the application.
Applications must be verified by 11:59 p.m. ET on the deadline date. Applications received by November 1 will received priority admission. Application deadline date is February 1.
Applications can only be verified once all payments, transcripts, and letters of evaluation have been received. To ensure your application is verified on time, try to complete your application at least four weeks before the deadline.
- Complete the NursingCAS Application
- Request that official transcripts from all US institutions attended be sent to NursingCAS
- Upload a personal essay statement in the Documents section of NursingCAS (see details in this section for essay questions)
- Request 1 letter of recommendation be sent through the NursingCAS recommender portal
- Upload RN License Verification
- Answer Supplemental Questions
Questions about application requirements, or the Post-Master's DNP program in general, can be sent to Nina Exley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metro State University is participating in the common application for graduate programs (NursingCAS). Applications are only accepted via the CAS website.
- Select the term for which you are seeking admission (below), and navigate to the CAS website. Open applications include:
- Create or log in to your account and select the Doctor of Nursing Practice, Post-Master's (DNP) program.
- Carefully review all instructions and complete all four sections of the application.
Specific application requirements for individual programs can be found on each program page in CAS. Carefully read the instructions that appear throughout the application pages. You can only submit your application once. If you need to update information you have submitted, please notify email@example.com
A nonrefundable $80 fee is required for each application. Applications will not be processed until this fee is received.
Active-duty military, veterans, and Metro State alumni can receive an application fee waiver. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.