Section I: a. University-wide policies
- Policy 1000: University Policies and Procedures
This policy (#1000) provides clear and consistent guidelines to be followed in drafting or revising university policies and procedures.
- Policy 1010: Equal Opportunity/Nondiscrimination Employment and Education
This policy (#1010) describes prohibited harassment and discrimination regarding employment and education.
- Policy 1020: Student Conduct Code
It is the responsibility of the university to provide an environment that promotes learning and protects the safety and well-being of the university community.
- Policy 1040: FERPA
It is the policy of the university to handle students’ education records in accordance with applicable federal and state laws and Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
- Policy 1050: University Email
This policy (#1050) is established to define the business use of email and the official email system at Metropolitan State University.
- Policy 1060: Drug Abuse Prevention Program
This procedure (#1060) details the university drug abuse program in operation that applies to all employees and students at the institution.
- Policy 1070: Tobacco-Free
Metropolitan State University adopts a tobacco free campus policy to provide a safer, healthier and cleaner environment.
- Policy 1080: Possession or Carry of Firearms
This policy (#1080) establishes restrictions on possession or carry of firearms applicable to Metropolitan State University.
- Policy 1090: Emergency Situations
This policy (#1090) provides guidelines to be followed in case of a major emergency or disaster in order to protect the safety of students, employees and property.
- Policy 1100: Employee Right-to-Know Program
This program is established in accordance with the Minnesota Employee Right to Know Act of 1983.
- Policy 1110: Class Cancellation and Emergency Closing
This policy (#1110) is established to define the Class Cancellation and Emergency Closing Process to be followed when it becomes necessary.
- Policy 1120: Zero Tolerance of Workplace Violence
This policy (#1120) seeks to reduce the potential for violence in and around the workplace.
- Policy 1130: Children in the Classroom
The presence of children not devoted to accomplishing these objectives may be disruptive and potentially unsafe.
- Policy 1140: Presence of Children, Family Members, Friends Workplace
It is university policy that only those providing or making use of university programs and services should be on campus regularly or routinely, except as bona fide visitors.
- Policy 1150: Pets on Campus for General Public/Students
University policy prohibits the bringing of pets into university buildings; those on university grounds must be under the owner’s supervision and control.
- Policy 1160: Pets in the Workplace
It is the policy of Metropolitan State University that faculty and staff are prohibited from bringing personal pets or other animals into the workplace.
- Policy 1170: Flag - Half-Staff Policy
The purpose of this memorandum is to publish the university policy (#1170) for flying university flags at half-staff.
- Policy 1180: Smudging and Pipe Ceremonies
This policy (#1180) clarifies the university’s position with respect to smudging and pipe ceremonies by American Indians on university premises.