Major job duties
- Work with First Saturday Science Student Coordinator to co-create activities for First Saturday Science program (FSS).
- Help create fun hands-on science activities for the FSS program (October through June).
- Coordinate video and media for book readings, scientist interviews and live streaming FSS activities.
- Create flyers and promotional items for FSS using Canva (Use Metro State brand colors and logo).
- Help with the recruitment of STEM student volunteers.
- Collect and maintain survey data for the FSS program.
- Work with the Institute for Community Engagement and Scholarship Youth Outreach Coordinator with Friday Youth Campus Visit
- lead STEM workshops or help introduce STEM related careers for youth campus visits.
- Chaperone during Friday Youth Campus Visit.
- Promote First Saturday Science (bring flyer for student folders)
- Participate in Student Panel and share your college Journey and career goals with K-12 Youth.
Qualifications and experience
- Ability to work effectively with K-college students, staff, and faculty.
- Ability to work independently, as a team member, and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide leadership to youth and college students.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to react quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to create and maintain computerized records.
- Must be able to work Friday daytime hours (9am-2pm), the First Saturday of every month (October through June) Noon to 2pm, and flexible hours Monday through Thursday.
- Experience working with youth, volunteering at local schools, after school programs, and tutoring experience preferred but not required.
- Experience working in team environment.
- Experience working with YouTube live streaming, video editing and media creation
- Life Science Teaching, STEM or Education majors preferred.
Submit your resume and a list of days and times of the week you are available to work via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.