To the Metropolitan State Community
Happy New Year!
On this first day of my appointment as President of Metropolitan State University, greetings and best wishes for this new fiscal year to each of you.
It is a great and humbling privilege to serve this unique and special university as its President, in concert with you, my colleagues. We have a bold, inspiring and socially significant mission. After the holiday I look forward to sharing my thoughts and engaging in a campus dialogue about our shared vision and the future pathway for our university.
For today, July 1, I want to wish a happy "birth" day to our new colleges, and recognize their deans and office managers for their hard work in bringing the colleges to their starting point:
- The College of Community Studies and Public Affairs:
- Dean Frank Schweigert, Associate Dean Shonda Craft, & Natalie Bearth
- The College of Liberal Arts:
- Dean Craig Hansen & Donna Colburn
- The College of Nursing and Health Sciences:
- Dean Judith Graziano & Laurie Landwehr
- The College of Sciences:
- Dean Tom Nelson & Janice Kwallek
Also, I want to wish a happy "new year" to our continuing colleges and to their leadership:
- The College of Individualized Studies:
- Dean Carl Polding & Lorri Skwira
- The College of Management:
- Dean Kat Lui & Dina Inderlee
- The School of Urban Education:
- Dean René Antrop-Gonzalez & Lupe Sanchez
- The Library and Information Services:
- Dean Chris Shafer & Victoria Smith
Our colleges are now well aligned to support the university's mission and vision. This is also a significant day for members of the faculty who have been granted tenure or have been promoted. Congratulations to each! They have done exemplary work and I look forward to their ongoing contributions.
Promoted to Full Professor:
- Marjorie Webb, Nursing
- Judith Graziano, Nursing
- Christine Milbrath, Nursing
- Nadine Haley, Urban Education
- Rosa Fagundes, Urban Education
- Marcia Hagen, Management
- Cindy Kaus, Math
- Victoria (Tori) Sadler, CWA Tenured:
- Janet Enke, Social Sciences
Tenured and Promoted to Associate:
- Pat Borchert, Management
- Andrew Carlson, CWA
- Katherine Johnson, Math (Statistics)
- Sarah Dimick-Gray, Natural Sciences
- Michelle Desilets, Library
Promoted to Associate:
- Carol Reid, Nursing
- Quan Zhou, CWA
I also warmly welcome Dr. Carol Bormann Young as our interim provost. I am deeply appreciative that she is willing to take on this new challenge on relatively short notice. She is a trusted colleague, who is smart, knowledgeable and sensible. We will all enjoy our work with her.
Finally, I want to wish each of you a restful and safe Independence Day weekend. I hope you will return refreshed for the great work ahead.
My best wishes,