Directed Research in Chemistry
Note: Instructor's permission required.
This is a faculty designed independent study (FDIS) which provides students the opportunity to do independent research in the field of chemistry under the supervision of a resident chemistry faculty member. This course improves students problem solving, analytical, and reasoning skills. At the end of the course, students complete a research report that must be approved by the instructor. The number of credits will be decided by the faculty and the student.
- Become familiar with the terminology and literature commonly used in a specific field/area of chemistry.
- Develop problem solving, numerical/computational, and mathematical skills.
- Develop a familiarity with the common issues addressed within this field.
- Demonstrate the conceptual and practical skills necessary to answer questions and solve problems in a specific field/area of chemistry.
- Receive the necessary background to pursue research interests in related fields.