This course will introduce students to the history, practice and theory of Evidence-based Practice in the field of corrections/criminal justice. Students will explore the principles of effective intervention through highly interactive activities and discussion. Students will discuss and identify personal goals to enhance professional effectiveness.
- Understand and articulate the 8 principles of effective intervention and supporting empirical theory.
- Understand how various EBP interventions and practices relate to and support each other.
- Identify how personal beliefs and attitudes impact professional effectiveness.
- Identify personal goals to enhance professional effectiveness
- Display an understanding of the progression of correctional EBP through an historical and empirical lens.