The goal in corrections is to reduce risk of reoffending and help clients change their thinking and behavior. This course utilizes strategies within a case planning process by addressing criminogenic needs that most effectively protect the public and effect change in the client's criminal behavior. This will teach you a process for creating initial case plans in partnership with clients, as well as a process for ongoing case plan development.
- Demonstrate the case planning process.
- Describe the role responsivity plays in case planning and demonstrate how to build these needs into a case plan.
- Demonstrate how to guide the conversation to motivate the client to work on criminogenic needs.
- Develop a goal during a practice session and develop tasks to meet that goal.
- Demonstrate how interviewing skills, risk-needs assessments, and cognitive behavioral interventions impact case planning.