This course explores the past, current and future trends in security management. The basic concepts, tools and practices that comprise security management are examined. Students learn how to identify and minimize risk in a private setting. They also learn the basics of physical security and access control as well as how to identify potential liability in the security field. In addition, this course examines various career opportunities in security management.
- Critically analyze an environment from a safety/security perspective and identify security threats at a variety of levels.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills, critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
- Describe and analyze the impact of globalization on security services.
- Describe different types of security organizations and distinguish the key areas in which private security differs from public police.
- Identify and develop solutions which would minimize security risks to people and property.