Students in this course explore the roles and responsibilities that the electronic and print media have in reporting crime and criminal justice news. Students identify and analyze the nature of criminal justice agencies and media relationships with various criminal justice agencies.
- Analyze historical and contemporary issues and how they apply to media, crime and criminal justice.
- Analyze the role of the media in shaping contemporary responses to crime.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills.
- Examine and explain the interrelationship between media, crime and criminal justice.
- Understand how criminal justice agencies can most effectively work with the media.
- Understand the legal parameters of Data Practice Laws.