This field practicum involves the student in the day-to-day function of a criminal justice agency. It is designed to provide students with an opportunity to translate the theoretically-oriented classroom experience into practical application.
- Examine issues of diversity, ethics and social justice as they relate to work in the criminal justice arena.
- Demonstrate written communication skills.
- Identify and explain the mission statement of the organization and what the agency is doing to achieve its mission.
- Evaluate how the agency fits in the larger picture of crime and justice.
- Identify and explain the major goals and objectives of the practicum site and analyze it to overall criminal justice objectives.