This course introduces students to the many forms of employee communication created by public relations practitioners. Through the use of case studies students gain practical experience creating employee communications and come to appreciate its vital role in attaining the strategic goals of public relations programming.
- Know, understand and apply broadly all aspects of workplace communication.
- Know, understand and apply evaluation methods for workplace communication.
- Know, understand, analyze and evaluate why and how the management agenda drives and shapes how the employee communicates.
- Create oral and written communications appropriate for the workplace.
- Know, understand, apply, analyze and evaluate the individual's personal roles and responsibilities as a communicator in an organization.