The advanced study of organizational communication concentrates on current communication topics within organizations such as interaction within a diverse workforce, changing an organizational culture, initiating technology change, ethics and research. Students craft communication solutions and recommendations for specific organizational improvements. Students complete case studies, community-based projects, and final major research projects.
- Complete a literature review and continue to identify the methods appropriate for their capstone research project. All completed at the advanced level.
- Complete primary source readings and review studies about methods used to conduct research about the chosen issue.
- Delve into depth into one or more issues (of the student's choosing) within organizational communication, involving extensive reading about the issue of choice.
- Develop own strategies for discovering, explaining and managing the many phenomena of organization-member interactions.
- Identify and use appropriate perspectives and methods to diagnose communication-related issues and problems in organizations.
- Understand key factors which influence organizations and their members.
- Understand, place in historical context, and apply theories of organizational communication.