This course's primary focus is to teach the latest commercial-grade hacking tools, techniques, and methodologies used by hackers and information security professionals to hack an organization lawfully for the sole purpose of discovering vulnerabilities. It is imperative to identify vulnerabilities in your working environment before the attackers and guide your employer towards a better overall security posture. Ethical Hacking is an in-demand skill, primarily because the best defense is a good offense.. The course will prepare students for the EC-Council CEH certification exam. The CEH certification, a well-recognized industry certification, helps students develop the necessary skills needed to work in a red team environment, focused on attacking computer systems and gaining access to networks, applications, databases, and other critical data on secured systems.
Co-requisite: CYBR 412 Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing. Note: Students are responsible to both be aware of and abide by prerequisites for ICS/CYBR courses for which they enroll, and will be administratively dropped from a course if they have not met prerequisites.First day attendance is mandatory.
2 Undergraduate credits
Effective May 4, 2021 to present
- Perform footprinting and reconnaissance using the latest footprinting techniques and tools as a critical pre-attack phase required in ethical hacking.
- Analyze vulnerabilities to identify security loopholes in the target organization's network, communication infrastructure, and end systems
- Apply social engineering techniques and how to identify theft attacks to audit human-level vulnerabilities and suggest social engineering countermeasures
- Utilize various Wireless encryption, wireless hacking methodology, wireless hacking tools, and Wi-Fi security tools
- Analyze mobile platform attack vector, android vulnerability exploitations, and mobile and apply security guidelines and tools.
- Apply various cloud computing concepts (Container technology, serverless computing), various threats/attacks, and security techniques and tools
- Perform Penetration testing, security audit, and vulnerability assessments
- Analyze threats to IoT and OT platforms and learn how to defend IoT and OT devices securely.