Understanding the Operating Systems (OS) theory and the OS security concepts is required to perform critical roles in the cybersecurity and cyber operations fields. This course exposes the students to topics of the OS theory with an emphasis on security applications. The course begins with an introduction of low-level programming, including Assembly and C. It continues with the basic Unix-like operating system Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) along with the fundamentals of OS concepts.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the underlying theory, data structures, and algorithms used to implement an OS. ¿ Describe the services provided by an operating system.Describe the operating system architecture and internals.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the underlying theory, data structures, and algorithms used to implement an OS.
- Describe the services provided by an operating system.
- Evaluate the causes of security vulnerabilities and how they are exploited.
- Develop and apply skills in using security-oriented software techniques.
- Recognize and correct common programming errors that can be exploited by attackers.