This course covers advanced topics of digital forensics procedures, legal issues, and scientific principles. The course addresses the current and new issues in digital forensics by offering various topics such as windows, smart phones, memory, network forensics, Macintosh forensics, and updated and expanded coverage on legal issues. Moreover, the students will learn how to report their findings to present them to the court using the state-of-the-art tools in digital forensics.
- Recognize the Use of Steganography in Image Files
- Analyze Images to Identify Suspicious or Modified Files
- Plan the best strategy to recover evidence and data necessary for the court.
- Uncover Digital Evidence Using Bootable Forensic Utilities.
- Assess and discover the current techniques for hiding/Scrambling Information.
- Develop appropriate documentation to support a court case.