Cyber Operations Capstone Project
The cyber operation capstone project is aimed at building a connection between cyber concepts and the application of these concepts into a real-world context. Students identify and develop their capstone projects throughout the graduate program and produce a serious, in-depth, scholarly and professional level written component that is reflective of their knowledge and skills that they have gained during the program. This capstone project uses a phased approach where students solidify their project ideas by the end of the first semester and complete the project with an oral defense by the end of the MS program. The final project will demonstrate students' summative expression of what they have learned in the graduate program and hence the project should be a culmination of theory, principles, best industry practices, methodologies, tools, and technologies associated with cyber operations.
Prerequisite: Graduate standing.
May 6, 2020
- Identify a concrete and well defined problem in the field of cyber operations and explain academic arguments within the context of own research work.
- Apply acquired knowledge as well as gathering new insights
- Identify, analyze, and synthesize scholarly and professional literature on cyber operations and related areas.
- Articulate research work in a well-written and orally presented project.
- Demonstrate proficiency in communicating technical information in formal reports, documentation, and oral presentations to various stakeholders regardless of their technical backgrounds.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and sound judgment on ethical issues and dilemmas as they arise in cybersecurity and operations and will adhere to accepted norms of professional responsibility.