This course introduces students to the assumptions, theories, and processes of qualitative and quantitative business research methods. It requires students to develop a preliminary prospectus for their doctoral research project, identifying a practice-anchored research problem, a brief literature review, and an appropriate research methodology.
- Learn from and contribute to the value of this educational experience for your classmates by engaging in substantive, spirited debate and providing balanced, honest feedback.
- Demonstrate ability to summarize, present, and promote discussion on research topics
- Demonstrate an understanding of the design and execution of business research studies.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical issues related to business research and successfully complete the CitiCourse in the Protection of Human Research Subjects.
- Produce a research prospectus including a literature review.
- Demonstrate ability to compare and contrast qualitative and quantitative research methods through written analysis.